SDN Carpet Cleaning Guide
The Cleaning methods and guide below are for use on SDN (Solution Dyed Nylon) carpets only.
All cleaning methods and agents should be firstly tested on an inconspicuous area of carpet.
Never apply cleaning agent directly onto carpet, always use a cloth or sponge.
Do not rub or scrub your carpet, you should blot and pat only.
To avoid spreading a stain, start from the outside of the stain and work inwards.
1. The first thing you need to do is scoop up any dirt or matter as quickly as possible. If it is just a dry stain then vacuum thoroughly.
2. Secondly you need to absorb any liquid. To do this you should use a clean white towel or sponge. Keep blotting until you have absorbed as much liquid as possible. DO NOT RUB.
3. Then rinse the area thoroughly with cold water using a clean white cloth. If cold water does not work, you may need to use warm water. (Always use cold water on blood stains)
4. If the stain is still visible then you need to follow the suggested cleaning methods and guide below.
5. And finally completely blot dry with a clean towel and allow to fully air dry.
6. If the stain still remains, you should contact a professional carpet cleaner.
See cleaning guide below to see which of these methods you should use
1. Cold water
2. Carpet cleaning detergent
3. Ammonia solution: Mix 1 tablespoon of non-bleaching household ammonia with one cup of warm water
4. Vinegar solution: Mix 1/3 cup of white vinegar and 2/3 cup of water
5. Clear alcohol