Wool Carpet Cleaning Guide
The Cleaning methods and guide below are for use on Wool carpets only.
All cleaning methods and agents should be firstly tested on an inconspicuous area of carpet.
Never apply cleaning agent directly onto carpet, always use a cloth or sponge.
Do not rub or scrub your carpet, you should blot and pat only.
To avoid spreading a stain, start from the outside of the stain and work inwards.
1. The first thing you need to do is scoop up any dirt or matter. If it is just a dry stain then vacuum thoroughly.
2. Secondly you need to absorb any liquid. To do this you should use a clean white towel or sponge. Keep blotting until you have absorbed as much liquid as possible.
3. Next you need to follow the suggested cleaning methods and guide below.
4. Then rinse the area thoroughly with cold water using a clean white cloth.
5. And finally completely blot dry with a clean towel and allow to fully air dry.
6. If the stain still remains, you should contact a professional carpet cleaner.
See cleaning guide below to see which of these methods you should use
1. Cold Water
2. Detergent Solution: One teaspoon of wool detergent with one teaspoon of white vinegar and one litre of warm water
3. Clear Household disinfectant
4. Dry cleaning solvent eg: White Spirit (to be used only on dry carpet)
5. Ice cubes in a plastic bag. Then pick or scrape off substance
6. Vinegar Solution: 1/3 cup of white vinegar and 2/3 cup of water
7. Warm water
8. Nail polish remover (Lanolin Free only)
9. Surgical alcohol
10. Vacuum clean
11. Mineral Turpentine or Methylated Spirits
12. Seek services of a professional carpet cleaner
* Please note this is a guide only and is not guaranteed to work. For best results obtain the services of a professional accredited carpet cleaning company.